Friday, September 4, 2015

August 2015 - Unit Trust Portfolio Update

August was a busy month for my unit trust portfolio, as I did a number of transactions. Taking opportunity of the equity market weakness, the panic, the volatility, whatever we called it, I kept increasing the portfolio allocation for equities.

Portfolio dipped into negative territory for the first time this year. On annualized weighted basis, portfolio return was -0.36% by 31 Aug 2015, outperforming ALL major indexes. I received cash dividends of $399.97, which I would re-invest.

Below were the summary of my transactions in August 2015:
1. Bought
First State Dividend Advantage $17,500.00
FTIF-Templeton Global Fd A(acc) SGD $6,000.00
Schroder ISF Gb Div Max A DIS SGD $2,000.00

2. Sold
United SGD Fund Cl A Acc (SGD) $15,998.28

With the transactions done, the portfolio allocation was very close to my targeted allocation of 60% equity+high yield, and 40% bonds. If major indexes deteriorate further, and STI drops below 2500, I intend to increase the equity+high yield allocation gradually to a max of 80%. If it dipped below 1500, equity+high yield allocation will be increased gradually to a max of 90%.



Link to Yaruzi's unit trust portfolio allocation as of Aug 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment